- A big thanks to my sister-in-law Noel, for her email, calls, and knowing hugs.
- Thanks to my sister-in-law Lorrine for her calls and sincere concern for the grief we were feeling.
- Thanks to my cousin, Dianna, for lending a sympathetic ear and calling to make sure I was OK.
- Thank you to my friend Shawny for encouraging me to grieve and not worry what others think.
Today we received the most wonderful gift from our Vet's office. It was a beautiful sympothy card and something wrapped in pretty kittycat fabric. Sticking out of the gift was a note that read: "A clay print has been made as a keepsake for Domino. We hope that this brings you many happy memories." Wrapped inside the fabric was a plaster of paris mold of Domino's paw print. The vet's assistant had to have made it that awful day when she took Domino in the back room to put the catheter in her arm. I am blown away by the thoughtfulness that went into this gift and when I can quit crying I will call and let them know! I also get a little chuckle at the deep claw marks left in the mold - Domino was always really fiesty at the vet's office!






The plaque is so thoughtful! I hope you and Don are doing well!
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing to have always! Had a great time tonight!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful and thoughtful thing for them to do for you! A priceless remembrance.
ReplyDeletebeen thinking about you and praying for you. i know this is so hard for you, but what a great thing for your vet to send you! something you will keep forever!HUGS!
ReplyDelete