ok, it's official. I'M SICK OF BEING FAT AND UNHEALTHY! Today is the beginning of a new way of living for me. I am going to follow Weight Watchers and walk on the treadmill daily. In the past this has never lasted long for me so this time I am recruiting each one of you to help me (in a kind and supportive kind of way) to stay on track.
I recently saw some pictures of myself and was ashamed and sad about the way I looked.
My weight holds me back from so many things that I want to do and I feel like I am not the person I could be if I were at a healthy weight. It restricts me from physical activities I think would be fun and it holds me back emotionally from doing things in public that I would like to do. Earlier this week I went out shopping for a comforter and was feeling proud of myself for getting out and walking the mall and other stores. I was mocked and laughed at 3 different times. It surprises me that some people don't even try to hide their disgust. I felt like they didn't really see me as a person with value and feelings and felt perfectly OK about making remarks and laughing. This is a vicious circle because what is left but to hide at home and entertain myself with TV, which is what I have done for way too long! (Wow this sounds pathetic but it is my truth)
Please know that this is a HUGE step for me to tell you all of my plans and ask for help. I just know that I have to do something and I NEED help if I'm going to succeed.
So, today is the first day of my new life. Here we go . . . . . .
I recently saw some pictures of myself and was ashamed and sad about the way I looked.
My weight holds me back from so many things that I want to do and I feel like I am not the person I could be if I were at a healthy weight. It restricts me from physical activities I think would be fun and it holds me back emotionally from doing things in public that I would like to do. Earlier this week I went out shopping for a comforter and was feeling proud of myself for getting out and walking the mall and other stores. I was mocked and laughed at 3 different times. It surprises me that some people don't even try to hide their disgust. I felt like they didn't really see me as a person with value and feelings and felt perfectly OK about making remarks and laughing. This is a vicious circle because what is left but to hide at home and entertain myself with TV, which is what I have done for way too long! (Wow this sounds pathetic but it is my truth)
Please know that this is a HUGE step for me to tell you all of my plans and ask for help. I just know that I have to do something and I NEED help if I'm going to succeed.
So, today is the first day of my new life. Here we go . . . . . .






You go girl! :) While you are at it find some scriptures that remind you of how God feels about you. When the enemy attacks use your "sword" and fight!
ReplyDeleteI want to know who those people are so I can go kick their butts.
ReplyDeleteSo proud of you! I know how hard it is. But I also know how even the smallest weight loss can make you feel better-physically and emotionally. I'm ready to get back at it, too.
ReplyDeleteAhhh Annetta....You are such a beautiful person! I just love you! You have inspired me. Today is the day for me also. I will do this with you! You are a RockStar!
ReplyDeleteI am proud of you for setting this goal; but sad that we live in a world full of yuck. Like Dara said you are beautiful b/c you are "fearfully and wonderfully made." I love and miss you.
ReplyDeletei am right with Toni on this! let me at those mean mean people!!! girlfriend, more power to you! i encourage you in all you do!!
ReplyDeletei love you no moatter what miss thang :)