I must confess to you all that I have been feeling pretty low lately. Whether it is stress, worries, hormones, or Satan I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks or so not feeling so good about myself or my life. At times I have felt helpless, hopeless, on the verge of panic, and often throwing myself quite the pitty party. I have been in prayer over these feelings and dreaming of a way to escape the funk.
Well, let me tell you something great. God has really been blessing me this week.
Yesterday I had lunch with Karen McCorkle and she remembered my birthday. That made me feel so loved and special it really brightened my day. In addition we had a wonderful visit and I really enjoyed catching up with her.
I also got a message from a really terrific friend (PJ - she was my Matron of Honor when Don & I got married) whom I had not been in contact with for more than 8 years. We have sent messages back and forth today catching up and planning to get together.
First thing this morning I got a call from Jenna, my 7-year-old niece who shares my birthday - just calling to wish me a happy birthday! What a special girl (and a special momma for helping her call Aunt Neta)!
Today my facebook was flooded with happy birthday wishes. What a joy! Every time I logged on I saw new messages.
Tonight I got to chat on the computer for a short time with my best friend from High School, Karen Wilkie. I sure do wish we lived closer!
I also received a text message from Trevor (my nephew) and Paige (my niece)!
This was all very uplifting at a time when I really needed it. God is good . . . . AND so are my wonderful family and friends!
Thanks Everybody!
United Kingdom Casino Sign Up
2 months ago






No comments:
Post a Comment