Sunday, April 4, 2010

Bedroom Makeover

For at least 8 years Don and I have searched for a comforter set. I searched the internet and stores but either couldn't find the colors I like, the style I like, or the price was too high. Finally the day after Thanksgiving we found a set that we loved and because of the special sales we were able to purchase as our gift to each other for Christmas.

Next step in the process, finding a paint color to compliment the new comforter. We must have looked at every paint sample in both Lowe's and Home Depot. Carried a pillow into the stores on numerous occasions trying to find just the right color. Next step, painting paint samples on the wall and trying to decide - still no luck in finding one we liked. Next, we took the sheets (which matched the comforter) to Home Depot and had the color matched. Ugh, still not exactly right. So, next I mixed matched color with the ceiling color we found and painted a sample on the wall. Wha la! That's the color. I painted a small piece of wood and Don took that to Home Depot, had the color matched, bought the paint and painted the room. He did a wonderful job and our long overdue makeover is now complete. The perfect added touch . . . . a nice new ceiling fan that my parents gave us for Christmas.

Don told me this morning that he woke up in the night and thought he was in a hotel. :-D

Check out the transformation:










2 comments:

  1. How nice for you to finally have the whole room done! I really like the blue on your walls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color is beautiful! Nice looking room!

    ReplyDelete